Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 Goals, Revisited

Wanted to go over my goals from last year, and I'll try to improve upon it this year!


Crafty Goals:
  1. Finish the Little Folks quilt 
    1. Top is done, backing is still non-existent
  2. On that note, finish 5 (at least crib-sized) quilts this year. I did 3 this year, and I didn't even get a sewing machine until August, so that seems pretty doable to me.
    1. Um, only got 1 whole quilt done, and one top done. That's ok. Not great.
  3. Make ONE wearable piece of clothing. Even if it's for one of the babies. One piece of clothing that doesn't necessarily look handmade.
    1. I'm going to count the Wiksten tank (that didn't end up fitting anyone). It was just too small for my friend Ashley and too big for my mom, and I don't know anyone who is a true size medium.
  4. Use my craftiness to decorate my apartment in a way that I feel satisfied with. I feel like I accomplished that fairly well around Christmas time, given my budget ($0), and I'd like to continue that throughout the year. This is not limited to sewing or fabric.
    1. Hooray! Accomplished! I've been really happy with how my apartment has looked this past year :)
  5. Make more presents for my loved ones. Again, I did pretty well this Christmas, and I'd like to continue that.
    1. Nada. But that's ok. I've rocked the present front.

Life Goals:
  1. Cook at least 1 meal a week from scratch. They don't have to be perfect, or low-calorie/carb/fat/sodium or whatever. Just from scratch. I'll get to the rest.
    1. I'd say accomplished. A lot of repeat dinners, but hey, I did it!
  2. Start saving money for whatever is next in store, be it moving, a new car, a vacation, or some other unexpected thing.
    1. Yeah, no. Have some money, but not enough.
  3. Make more time for myself. A lot of my time I spend focused on other people. Even crafting is usually for someone else. I need to learn that it's ok to spend time that just for me. Maybe take a vacation with myself at some point.
    1. I've been doing ok with this, actually. Nice!
  4. Spend more time with California family, whether it be via Skype, phone, or an actual vacation. It just needs to happen.
    1. I could call more, but I'd say check. Vacation this August, another planned for June.
  5. Just be healthier. I don't care about losing weight. Yes, I'm solidly a plus-sized woman, but I like who I am and I don't need to be skinny to feel happy about myself. I just think that everyone could be a little healthier.
    1. Eh. I wouldn't say yes to this. Or no, either, though. 
  6. Do something new. Maybe learn a new skill, take a language class, something. I miss learning, and I'd love to get back into that.
    1. Started going back to church, and have been singing with the worship team. 
  7. Project 365. Here's to hoping I don't give up on this one in a week.
    1. I lasted a whole month! Amazing!
New list to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment